Our history started in 1951, when Mr. Filippo Fratalocchi founded Elettronica Srl in Rome from a small electro-technical previous company, Ingegneria Del Vasto
Right after its creation, Elettronica started important collaborations with Contraves Italiana (today Rheine Metall) in Rome and Sielte in Turin. In 1955 moved its facilities to Via Tiburtina 650 in Rome, not far from the present location. With the acquisition of several rather important contracts, Elettronica heavily focused on R&D in precision engineering and metal structure-work applications and made significant investments to purchase machinery, employ skilled labour and upgrade the electronic assembly system
Specialization in the field of ECM (Electronic Counter-Measures) began in this period. The production of goniometers for field applications and radar counter-measure systems - and the first power transmitters (Cicala Series) – allowed the company to make important steps forward. The same period saw the onset of important collaborations with the Italian Armed Forces, for the supply of underwater electronic apparatus (SONAR) to the Italian Navy, IFF /SIF systems to the Air force and special transformers and modules for certain on-board equipment for F104 and G91 aircraft. The Radar Disturbance Training systems developed for the Italian Ministry of Defence were also commissioned by Armed Forces in West Germany, France, Holland and South Africa.
A NEW LEADER IS BORN
Thanks to constant dedication in fields such as research, training and instrumentation for strategic components, by the end of the 1960s Elettronica had already established itself as a leading industry in the European defence market and was converted into Elettronica
By the end of the 1960s, the head offices in Via Tiburtina 650 no longer satisfied ELT's requirements. New facilities were needed in line with the growth of the company and the image it wanted to communicate. 24 June 1972 saw the inauguration of the new factory (Km 13.7 of the same road) where the Company still today has its head offices.